Friday 12 August 2011

Final Thoughts.

As i come to the end of another course i find myself asking what i have learned and what I'll take away from this. What i learned is simple Photoshop is a very powerful piece of software that is almost irreplaceable in the world of digital photography because of the creative powers it gives us. I seen alot of other peoples work over time and more often then not question how they produced that particular effect or how they'd made something look how they had but I'd never really before been able to gt my head around the processes involved or the time and effort that is needed to produce this work. From doing this course i now have the skill and confidence in using layers, blend modes, opacity control even using filter effects which before this point i had maybe played around with but never really understood the uses for them. On the whole i feel I've add a new side to my work that wasn't their before and found a new interest outside of wildlife and landscape photography, that's not saying i can't include what I've learn in this type of work its just now i can see other subjects as interesting because of the scope i have inside photoshop.
I was never a real fan of what i would call digital altered images but now i can see there merit and can understand why people are drawn to this way of working because more then once I've taken hours at a time just to get an image to look as i want it all because of the control that is available to me. I still think there are limits to how far you should alter photos but then maybe its down to the viewer to decide if I've gone to far, I'd like to think that i never have.

No comments:

Post a Comment