Tuesday 9 August 2011

Changes to My 5th Assignment.

After getting my Tutor Report back for Assignment 5 there was some alterations that my tutor thought could improve my work that I've had a go at.



One of the first thinks that i wanted to put in this section was the original image i used for my Me Or Is It? It'll probably help you to understand exactly what i did by being able to see the two shots together so that's what I've included above. I have to say that I'm still very happy with this shot not because I've radically altered my appearance but more because of the overall look of the final image.


One of the first alterations recommended to me to try was to make the cracks smaller in my Cracked image. To do this i used the clone stamp to remove alot of the bigger cracks but what i ended up do was removing a lot more of these plus some of the smaller one to see how it would appear with less cracks. It does i suppose look a lot less busy because of the reduction and you can maybe appreciate the shot its self more but I'm still leaning towards used my first attempt in my final selection because my gut tells me its the better one of the two.


The next image he thought could do with a slight change was Harvest Time, here it was more that he felt that the harvesters appeared to be all in a line moving over the same area (which doesn't appear really that realistic) so what he thought might improve it would be to move the rear most one over to the right a bit. This as you can see i did but whether its actually an improvement I'm not completely sold on, yes they do now appear more spread out across the field but to me the composition of the shot doesn't feel right. In retrospect it might have look better if I'd shot a number of frames over a much larger area of the field instead of in a straight line because then a more spread view would have been easier to produce.

Finally my tutor didn't rate very highly my Adding A Little More Light photo, here I'd basically just added a lens flare affect to make it appear as if the sun was really bright in a room so instead i produced a new image above. Here i duplicated the original layer and then converted it to black and white before using the eraser tool to bring through the colour of the boats below, its not one of the original images i chose to use but i think it still fits into the pattern of the other shots i have in this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment