Sunday 12 June 2011

Photos I Didn't Use In Assignment 4.

What i present here is the collection of photos that i haven't chosen to use in my 4th Assignment for various reason which I'll explain as i go through them.


The problem i had with this first photo wasn't that the blend didn't work very well it was more the fact that there wasn't any real connection between the two images i used where as the majority of the work i sent to my tutor had some connection of one type or another. Its not bad but it just doesn't work right.


The next image i do quiet like but what made me leave it out of my final selection was because of the way the lines in the back wall make it feel as if the background is on a big slant compared to the door. I did try straightening the image in photoshop but found that when I'd straightened the background the door ended up instead at a very strange angle. A same in the end but its down to the fact that I'd did observe properly how the lines in the frame were running when i shot it.


This shot i again discounted firstly because of the lines in the tiles not appearing straight enough, i think this was more down to the wall then myself. Secondary, and the main problem was the way the colours didn't seem to work right together, because the tiles are such a bright colour i didn't think the darkness of the water and the shadows really help it to become a particularly appealing image. I did consider trying it as a black and white image but as it would have been the only one in the collection i discounted it straight away as it wouldn't have fit in at all.


The final image lost out because it didn't fit in with the overall theme, one it isn't an interior view that i placed a landscape into and secondly with only the small amount of colour in it it wouldn't have appear right with the rest of my work. I thought the symbolism of the shot works really well because the original is of the wall at the national memorial arboretum which has the names of all service people kill since the second world war on it and then with the poppies added over the top it just works.

No comments:

Post a Comment