Saturday 2 July 2011

More On Assignment 4.

After getting my Tutor report back for it was time to take on board the comments made on what I'd produced and then re access my work to see what alterations i need to make. What changes i have made in most cases are only minor tweaks but they do affect the end results in different ways.


Clutter Original.


Reworked Version.

With my Clutter image my tutor had pick out that around the light switch and plug I'd had trouble making them appear naturally angler when picking them out of the background. His suggestion (and something I'd never thought of doing) was to highlight the area using one of the lasso tools or crop tools so that when i used the eraser it would clear anything outside the selected area. As you can see the results are much better and the whole piece benefits from this change.


House On The Hill Original.


Reworked Version.

Here it was the tones in the sky which my tutor felt could do with some work, he felt they need brightening but i found it quiet hard to find the right balance in this respect. What i did feel on studying this shot again was that i felt it was too dark so using the brightness/contrast controls i set about experimenting to see if i could get a better balance this way. The final version i think works better for this change because it gives the feel of much more space somehow because the shadows aren't so imposing as before.



On The Beach Original.


Reworked Version.

In my next image i could understand and fully agree with where my tutor was coming from when he said that it would be better to remove the insulation board because it filled the space where i could show more of my beach scene. Clear it also is quiet a dominate feature that was detracting from the rest of the image so removal was a must. The problem i did find doing this was that when using the clone stamp i hadn't got a lot of clear wall to copy into the space so it turned into a little bit of a time consuming process but again it clear has paid off in the end.



Open Spaces Original.


Reworked Version.

The final image that need some work had similar problems as House On The Hill, i went in the end with a similar solution to resolve the fault by lightening the whole image only very slightly but i feel better for doing this.

One thing i have learnt from this process and I'll be looking out for in the future is that some times my work can be a little to dark, whether this is down to my personal preference of subjects or maybe the way i have my monitor setup i don't know right now but I'll need to look into this as soon as poss.

No comments:

Post a Comment